Kyle and I had a fabulous Christmas and we hope you all did as well! We have a lot of changes in store for the New Year! We had an experience this week that taught us so much about faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the blessings of Family, the power of Prayer, and the importance and blessings of Tithing.
These first 7 months of being married have proved to be just as hard as everyone had promised! We always teased that you can live in love for at least 6 months. Well, that is partly true. We have found this adventure into Married Life to be especially hard financially and our 6 months of livin' on love is spent! We hit a point where we had a choice to make which involved either paying rent, or paying tithing. After many prayers and lots of pondering we decided to pay our tithing. We also decided to downsize and move into a cheaper apartment to save some money. We called our landlady the Monday before Christmas and asked her to post our apartment for rent. We are in a contract until May and she was willing to help us fill our contract which was very sweet of her! She put up the sign on Tuesday and warned me not to get my hopes up because this is a very slow time of year. She said don't get discouraged though, she was sure we'd be able to get it rented eventually.
While Kyle was working I decided to go look at an apartment. It was.....well.....ok. It was absolutely NOTHING fancy. It was a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom tiny tiny little place. But hey, we don't need much and *gulp* we'll just make it home-y-ish, right?! (Just keep repeating that last sentence to yourself over and over and over...it starts to kinda sorta sink in....or at least that's what I keep telling myself!)
Well about four hours after I'd checked out the, uh, apartment (if that's what you'd call it) our landlady called and said "I've got your apartment rented!! When will you be out?" Well I frantically got back on the internet and starting hunting for something cheap but not too ghetto or scary. I decided the apartment I had looked at was our best option. Kyle and I went to see it again and we decided we'd talk to the landlords after Christmas. Well, we prayed to know what to do and for some sort of guidance to know if this was the right decision to make.
Wednesday morning my Grandpa Bangerter called and invited me to lunch with him (Kyle was already at work.....that seems to be how it works out lately....but don't worry I take half of my lunch to him on occasions like this one!). While at lunch my Grandpa commented on how hard it is to find my apartment. I proceeded to tell him not to worry about finding it because we were moving. After explaining our financial (or lack of...) situation to my grandparents they said the most profound thing "Move in with US!!!" The next hour and a half consisted of them telling me every reason why it was a perfect plan. This was definitely an answer to our prayers. So only one week after deciding we should move, we are packing our things and shackin' up with Grandma and Grandpa Doug in North Logan!!
Our families have been such a blessing in our lives! We are so thankful for all the help we've received from EVERY single member of our families! Without them we would be homeless, starving, naked, and we would have terrible manners :) Our families are our strength and we want to THANK everyone for their love, prayers, and all the wonderful things they've done for us. We love you all so much and we are go thankful to share this life with such amazing families!
Saturday, December 26, 2009
A lesson in Faith, Family, Prayers, and Tithing
Posted by Lil Mama Crafts at 3:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 What You Think:
Isn't it amazing how the Lord works sometimes?! I hope all works out and that can enjoy being married with hopefully less stress.
It ALWAYS works out doesn't it. Why, and how is not explained but it does. Love ya
wow it is amazing how the lord works and how it all falls into place. i hope everything works out. love ya sis.
MeGaN!!! I found you guys!!! How are you! How is livin with the grandparents??? That is a neat story and awesome that you guys paid your tithing instead.. shows your faith. How is school?!
Post a Comment