Many of you are aware of my habit of scouring the D.I. looking for "treasures" on a daily basis....I get it from my Daddy :) In fact, when he's in town we often find ourselves at the DI having a BLAST!
Well a few weeks back I was dragging DH through the DI when I stumbled upon a $1.00 beauty! DH just rolled his eyes but I had big plans for this sweet baby. I got the idea over at The Thing About Daisies. She has great tutorials on lots of projects, make sure to check her out!! I failed at taking before pictures...Sorry! Just picture her with an awful shade of red paint and some grime. I cleaned her up, slapped some green paint on,

fought madly with some mesh wiring (thank you Lowe's for having mesh wiring and one-upping Walmart yet again! Also, thank you for the Military Discount, another point for you!),
with the assistance of my little helper, of course!
fought madly with some mesh wiring (thank you Lowe's for having mesh wiring and one-upping Walmart yet again! Also, thank you for the Military Discount, another point for you!),
"Please, no pictures!!"
Then I used some antiquing glaze to bring out the detail. I learned this technique over at All Things Thrifty. This is another blog I stalk on a regular basis! Check out her decorating techniques, just LOVE them!!

Attaching the mesh wiring was definitely my most challenging task but after a few blisters, cuts, and a little blood, she was all finished!!
Look at all that empty room!! I guess I'll have to whip out the beads and start making more earrings! (And bracelets too because we all know you have to match your earrings to your bracelet.) * Those are words I'm sure would cause DH to groan :) *
I love comments! Let me know what you think!
And speaking of DH, yesterday there was a ring on the doorbell and looky what I got:
My tricky husband ordered me these beeeeautiful flowers for our First Anniversary! I'm actually glad that they showed up a week early because I get to enjoy them ALLLLL WEEK! Have I mentioned that my DH is the most wonderful man in the entire world?! I am such a lucky girl!!
I love comments! Let me know what you think!
And speaking of DH, yesterday there was a ring on the doorbell and looky what I got:

6 What You Think:
I Love it!!!!
I think you are so clever! And talented! Our dad's have something in common... mine loves the DI as well and has some pretty awesome finds. Makes me laugh. Your flowers are beautiful. Happy Anniversary on Saturday!!
Thanks for the shout out! Your finished holder looks amazing! Love the color a lot. We're in the process of getting ready to move, so my DIYs might be few and far between, but they will be back once we are in our new place!
Megan!! I LOVE it! So darling. I need to hit up the DI! And Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year already. HOORAY!
Nice work skinny...
That necklace holder is way way cute! I'm making mine but its just a plain picture frame. but way cute!
Post a Comment