Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Weddings......questions questions and more questions

Ok so we've only been engaged (officially hehe) for 20 days and already I'm about ready to elope off to a deserted island and not have to deal with money or photographers or receptions sites or anything else related to weddings. I want to find a good photographer that doesn't cost my entire life's savings (ok that's bad cuz I have none...oopsy) or an arm and a leg. If anyone has someone they would recommend for wedding photographers PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! Also, I'm leaning more towards an outdoor reception (May 15th WILL be sunny and warm :) !) in someone's beatiful yard. We'd just bring in tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, stereo, and speakers. Also....I want to serve yummy stuff but I want to do something cheaper too....I need ideas. And finally, I couldn't care less whether my flowers are real or fake so, we'll probably just go with the cheaper deal. Any suggestions for flowers? All you married peoples would be saving me tons of stress if you would let me know what you think since you've already been thru it. I've been thru a few but only as a bridesmaid who was checkin out the best man the whole time :) (Not at every wedding due to the fact that in a couple of those, the best man was my brother.) LET ME KNOW!!!

14 What You Think:

Eric and Andrea Budd said...

I know how it feels to plan a wedding, hang in there, it will be here quick :) The lady that took our pictures is Mandy Jenkins. She did way good and it was only $600 for our engagements, bridals, and our wedding day. She took pictures of EVERYTHING, which I loved. If you want her number, let me know! :)

Muir said...

EHEMM! Let's make a date one Saturday to go take a looksy. We can check out fakes and go to the floral shop. We can also go read magazines in the stores and get ideas. My aunts have done some really cool things for their kids receptions and for cheap. Also...We should probably go to Zurchers...they have lots of stuff for hosting occations...Napkins, linens, etc...

Mitch & Kirstie Moore said...

Well Grandma Moore did my flowers, they were fake. I have a couple people I know who are photographers...a friend who lives in Colorado, but I don't think she would mind traveling I can ask her and get prices. Also my best friends' cousin does them if you go to http://www.morganbphotography.blogspot.com/ you can check out her work.(she has done a lot more and is more professional, so it might be more expensive.) Just let me know.

Eric and Andrea Budd said...

Thanks :) We all need to play again asap! Let's plan something! But the girls name is Mandy Jenkins and I know she has a website but I can't remember it, sorry! But her phone number is 435-245-6575 and her e-mail is jnkxphoto@gmail.com. If you have any questions, let me know!

hano&brittanymelendez said...

Robin Nelson lives in Morgan and does a fantastic job with flowers. I could get her number if you are interested. Also Masterpiece Images does amazing photos and videoagraphy, didnt spell that right..

Advent Creative said...

Hi Megan,

Wendy here, your diagonal neighbor, the one you helped when my son had his tonsils removed. Anyway, congratulations. I am commenting because we just did a very affordable wedding for my sister this past year and I have a lot of information for you if you are interested. Also, my sister is a photographer and cosmetologist. She is very affordable and could do your photos and hair/makeup if you want. Her company is called Frosted Mango. Her website is almost finished, but I can get you a business card if you want. So, let me know how I can help. Feel free to come over or call me. Jacki has my number. Talk to you soon.

The Dom Family said...

I can Travs aunt how much she would charge you, she did my flowers just for cost (I have no idea how much that was though Travs parents paid for the flowers) she is really creative. Let me know if you want me to check. Hey when are you coming down I think there are some bridal shows coming up, we could go see if we could get some ideas there. Let me know, and have a Happy New Year!!

m+b said...

Hey Meg, I ordered my flowers through Costco...they were so cheap and I just bought vases from the D.I. that were all the same! My bouqet was fake because I wasn't about to pay for a real bouqet for bridal pictures and then again for a wedding!! I know a girl who lives up there who does a really good job at taking pictures and I don't think she is too expensive!! We just got random things for refreshments from Costco as well, but then your family has to worry about re-stocking it and stuff!! I have SO much stuff left over if you need it or want it...Cake knife, vases. We ordered all our paper supplies form bulkpartyzone.com they have every color and is SO CHEAP!! I was ALL about cheap! Let me know if I can help with anything!

The Cragun's said...

We had masterpiece images do our photos and video and they were AMAZING!!! We got our flowers done by Suzie Chard in Morgan, she did a really good job and they weren't very much money

Ross and Briar said...

Do you remember my wedding pics? The lady who did them lives in Clinton if thats not too far for you to go and I think her prices were reasonable. Let me know if you want her number. What are you colors?

aubreyanna said...

Kim Turner in Morgan did my engagements, bridals and wedding pics and I loved her! I got married May 25th and it was perfect weather for an outdoor reception! I used gerber daisies as my flowers and used both real and fake.

The Mills said...

Meg-

For my photographer I used the same one Briar did, her name is Wendy Gettings, I thought she was very reasonable compared to all the others and she did an amazing job! If you want her info let me know. I had my reception outside and it was great! We had a alfredo sauce and veggies and whole bunch of things to go in it, yummy :) We made our favorite cookies and handed them out to people as they left the reception... I used Gerber Daisies for my flowers but my husbands sis owns a flower shop so we went way over board on the flowers.......just some thoughts. Good Luck

Robby and Rachel said...

Hey Megan... Congrats on the wedding !! This is Rachel.. I'm excited for you.. I haven't talked to you forever it'll be fun to keep up on what your up too!!!

RIch Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Hey I didnt even recognize you I got the link from britt's blog!! You look so gorgeous and so happy good for you I hope that I will be getting and invite! Congrats again! CJ Rich