Saturday, March 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

GOOD NEWS!!!! We are moving into our sweet little LoVe ShAcK on March 15th! I'm very excited to move in and have our own place where we don't share walls with anyone else. It will be so nice to have a garage and a yard as well. I have quite a few fun things on my list for this spring and summer--any and all are invited to participate! I've been holding my crafty-cravings at bay for almost three semesters and this summer will finally be the time I can break free of the textbooks and release the beast :)

My List is as follows:

Gardening
Scrapbooking
--Our little group is trying to decide on a day, Come join us!
Photography
Decoration Crafting - Ash has motivated me!! Her decorations are so cute!
Card making - Its Cricut time!
Curtains
Pillows
Jewelry Making
Skirts
Quilting
- Peggy has agreed to be my mentor YAY!

And the final category is definitely the one that excites me because I get to be crafty and make my home comfy and cozy!

Furniture Making!!!! Yes I said Furniture Making :) See, I flip through my Pottery Barn magazine and I have so many ideas floating around in my mind. The only holdup is the sweet pricetag on each item. Its a little more than what I feel could be called "reasonable". Chatting with my Mommy today, she mentioned a blog where this lady checks out designer furniture and then makes a knockoff for a fraction of the price! Being a fan of sweet deals I googled her and I found Knock Off Wood !! I highly recommend checking her out, especially if you are a do-it-yourselfer and enjoy getting good deals.

So I've got my work cut out for me and it looks like its going to be a blast! I would love company in all the categories above so let me know if you wanna play!

4 What You Think:

Candace said...

wow sounds like you are going to have so much FUN Megan... Can't wait to see more pictures of your cute house :)

Jared and Cami said...

Hi Megan! It sounds like things are going great! I too discovered Knock Off Wood a few months ago and I'm OBSESSED! I have a two page list of things I can't wait to make!

Steph, Ty, and Kylee said...

You Are Crazy!! Straight up Crazy. That's why we love you

Rose said...

you are so very ambitious!! keep it up! if you need a little entertainment center to practice your wood skills on i have one to dontate to you if youd like!!